The Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) provides a toll-free number, 1-844-880-1574, to report suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults. A vulnerable adult can be anyone over age 18 who:
- Has a physical, mental or emotional disorder that makes it difficult for the person to care for themselves without help and to protect themselves from maltreatment
- Is in a hospital, nursing home, transitional care unit, assisted living, housing with services, board and care, foster care or other licensed care facility
- Receives services such as home care, day services, personal care assistance or other licensed services.
- Abuse, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse, use of restraints, involuntary seclusion or punishment
- Neglect, including failure to provide the food, shelter, clothing, health care or supervision necessary to maintain the person’s health, safety, or comfort. Neglect may be by a caregiver or service provider, or because the vulnerable adult cannot meet their own needs
- Financial exploitation, including theft or withholding of money or property and/or use of money or property not for the vulnerable adult's benefit.