Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Ministry in this synod is led by the Minneapolis Area Synod and Saint Paul Area Synod Children, Youth, & Family Team. The mission of the CYF Team is to support, encourage, enhance, and develop children, youth, and family ministries as they effectively share the good news of Jesus Christ.
The CYF Team exists as a resource for congregations, as well as CYFM workers and volunteers. Whether you are just beginning an intentional CYF ministry, or if your congregation already has a robust program, the CYF Team is here to connect with and support you. This is done throughout the year with a number of events, learning opportunities, and meet-and-greets, as well as being a resource for all things CYF.
Connect With Us!
Whether you're paid staff working full-time, part-time or are a volunteer, the CYF Team wants to connect with you!
- Join our Facebook group to request and provide advice to your peers, share ideas and support one another.
- Join our email list to receive notifications about upcoming events and be included in our network of resources.
The CYF Team hosts or sponsors regular events throughout the year. Specific details about these events appear on the calendar page of our website as the event draws nearer.
- Welcome Event: The Welcome Event is designed to introduce recent arrivals to the Twin Cities' synods who work or volunteer with children, youth, and family ministries. This event connects you with other people who are passionate about CYF ministries. The next Welcome Event will be held in October 2023.
- Synod Lunch at the Youth Ministry Extravaganza: Join other youth leaders from the Twin Cities for lunch and conversation during the national Youth Ministry Extravaganza. The 2023 lunch will be during the event in Anaheim, California, Feb. 3-6. Learn more.
- Ascension Day Breakfast: Celebrate the year of ministry with worship and conversation with other CYF workers and volunteers. The 2023 Ascension Day Breakfast is Thursday, May 11, 8:30-11:30 a.m. at Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities in Minneapolis.
The CYF Team keeps a list of up-to-date resources. These resources include books, movies, curriculum, retreat centers, camps, trips, continuing education, and other networks. Click here for the resource list. (PDF).
Have a question that the resource list can't answer? One of the CYF Team representatives from this synod can help!
- The Rev. Jen Rome - pastor at Pilgrim Lutheran Church, St. Paul - email@example.com
- Rachelle Gill - Easter Kids Director at Easter Lutheran Church, Eagan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Sampson - Director of Faith Formation at Grace Lutheran Church, Apple Valley - email@example.com
- Josh Svenulski - Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries at Christus Victor Lutheran Church, Apple Valley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelsey Young - Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministry at Shepherd of the Valley, apple Valley - email@example.com