For the majority of those who have made the journey, traveling to Tanzania and spending time with our companions in Iringa has been a life changing experience. Facilitated by the Saint Paul Area Synod and partner congregations or organizations, these trips are not ‘mission trips’ in the classic sense of going and doing things for overseas partners. Rather their focus is on building relationships between communities of faith and deepening understandings of the global sweep of God’s mission and our roles as co-participants in it.
For new and experienced travelers alike, planning a journey to a place like Tanzania can be a daunting experience. To accompany you and your congregation or organization in that process, a team of volunteers is ready to assist you along the way. The first step in travel planning begins by completing the Initial Contact Form below. For additional information, review the resources below, contact your cluster leader, or email email@example.com.
Asante Sana & Safari Njema! (Many Thanks and Safe Travels)!
Travel Planning Resources
These travel planning resources are all in PDF form. To open PDF format files, you must download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Get it free at www.adobe.com.
- COVID 19 Travel Guidance (updated September 2022)
- Traveling Safely in a Pandemic (helpful advice from frequent traveler Ken Smith of St. Stephen, White Bear Lake/St. Paul Partners/UMN Engineering Student Group from his BKB Fall Festival presentation November 2022)
- "Know Before You Go" Travel Guide (updated June 2022)
- Group Leader Position Description (updated March 2019)
- Cost Guide (updated September 2022)
- Budget Planning Template (updated April 2022)
- Swahili 101
- Accompaniment Devotion Guide
- Accompaniment Overview*
*from ELCA Global Mission
Initial Contact Form
To begin planning your visit to Tanzania and the Iringa Diocese, please complete this initial contact form and submit it to the Saint Paul Area Synod office. We’ll be in touch with you shortly to accompany you through the planning process.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.