Tim Kane serves as church council secretary at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran in Shoreview. A writer and a Tool Kit veteran, he's compiled a list of reasons why you should join him & many other lay leaders at Tool Kit for Congregational Leaders on March 10! Learn more about Tool Kit & register here.
Everyone likes to hear and come up with their own top ten lists. I thought I could try to come up with a top ten list of reasons to attend the Tool Kit for Congregational Leaders. Rather than trying to rank them I’ll do an alphabetical listing. That way I can put my top reason first.
- A stupendous synod staff who put the Tool Kit together!
- Afternoon Sessions – You have your choice of six workshops in the afternoon. That doesn’t mean you can go to six. You must choose just one. But don’t worry, you can’t make a bad choice. You’ll get resources and information that will help you no matter what session you attend.
- Augustana Lutheran Church, located in West St. Paul, will be hosting this year. They are sure to show us some great hospitality.
- Bishop Lull will be there and will lead the morning gathering of all attendees. She will also be leading one of the morning sessions, "Reformation Themes for Congregational Life"!
- Fellowship with other attendees. It’s a great chance to meet others in leadership positions who deal with similar situations as you.
- Lunch, because whenever two or more are gathered, Lutherans need to eat.
- Morning Sessions – Like in the afternoon, a chance to learn something that you will take with you. This will be my third Tool Kit and I can easily remember all the sessions from the last two years, where I've learned about church security, social media, welcoming refugees, and creating narrative budgets.
- Praying with people from across the synod.
- Registration is easy. It’s online at spas-elca.org/toolkit. And you don’t have to worry about scalpers crashing the website looking for Hamilton tickets.
- Wait till next year. Oops sorry, that’s from my Vikings list. You don’t have to wait – you can go this year!
I hope to see you at the Tool Kit on March 10!
Shepherd of the Hills, Shoreview