Job Title: Worship and Music Director
Employment Status: Part/Time Exempt (25hrs) Standard Work Schedule: Varies
The Worship and Music Director will support Woodlake’s vision and mission by providing musical leadership and artistic talents to Woodlake’s worship, programs, and events.
· Must be proficient in piano. Ability to play other instruments is desirable (e.g. organ, guitar, strings, percussion)
· Degree in worship, music or related work experience
· Experience directing vocal groups
· Communications, organization, and time management skills
· Technological competency (e.g. Email, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.)
· Experience and competence in working with a variety of age groups
· Experience working with a variety of musical styles
· Experience planning liturgical worship
Roles and Responsibilities
· Plan and lead congregational worship gatherings with pastors (e.g. Sunday worship, funerals, weddings, etc.)
· Foster the transition to a blended worship style that is creative, visionary, flexible, and diverse
· Be principal musician during worship services
· Utilize musical gifts of church members and local community
· Oversee the work of all contract musicians, accompanist, & ensembles
· Find substitute musicians when unable to attend congregational worship activities
· Work with the Worship and Music Commissioner to recruit, organize, and maintain a worship and music team.
· Work with Worship and Music team to plan 2-4 community concerts per year, develop and maintain worship and music budget, & maintain music library.
· Oversee maintenance of all Woodlake instruments (e.g. bells, pianos, organ, etc.)
· Oversee sound system equipment to ensure it is in proper working order
· Direct choirs and handbells
· Attend weekly staff meetings
· Send monthly report of worship and music activities to Leadership Board
· Work with staff and leadership to communicate to the congregation and community through newsletter, e-news, social media, and other communications
· Assist as needed with setup duties
· Maintain and develop skills and abilities through continuing education.
· Create an environment of continuous improvement by proactively soliciting feedback from volunteers and members and developing improvement plans based on feedback.
To apply, contact please send resume to email@example.com or mail to 2120 W. 76th St., Richfield, MN 55423