Instruct children (33 months to 5 years of age) in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in a Christian preschool environment. As the preschool teacher, you will be responsible for the overall supervision, planning, and management of the preschool class in partnership with the preschool director and classroom aide. Candidates must have experience working in childcare, leadership skills, great verbal and social skills as well as knowledge of MN Rule 3. Candidates must be Teacher Qualified by MN Rule 3. Creative Curriculum and NAEYC Accreditation knowledge helpful, but not required.
Reports to: Preschool Director
Status: Part-time, exempt, salary contract August 2021-June 2022 approximately 30 hours per week-Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Assist in creating, revising and implementing childcare program plan in compliance with the goals and objectives of Shepherd of the Hills Preschool.
1. Develop and implement weekly curriculum and yearly schedule.
2. Be aware of and implement preschool policies as outlined in the policy handbook.
3. Supervise and interact with children.
4. Establish and maintain parent communication (i.e. monthly newsletter, conferences, scheduled meetings with director).
5. Attend all school functions, required training, and in-services as requested by supervisor.
6. Observe confidentiality of program, students and families.
B. Supervise classroom staff, assistants, aids, volunteers, and/or interns.
C. Be available to substitute for other classes as needed.
D. Assist in designing and maintaining a safe, secure and enriched learning environment for the children.
1. Assist in maintenance and ordering of necessary supplies and equipment.
2. Be responsible and oversee the accomplishment of routine tasks with regard to the health and safety of the children, and maintain the program in accordance with Rule 3.
E. Adhere to personnel policies as outlined in the personnel handbook.
F. Maintain a current license to teach.
G. Network with other preschool teachers in the Twin Cities for support and resources.
· Taught or worked with children 3-5 years in a school setting
· Good Computer Skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
· Knowledge and experience working with Rule 3 and NAEYC guidelines
· Serve as a role model for children
· Desire to serve others
A. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
B. Experience as a preschool teacher or assistant
C. Knowledge and experience in the Rule 3 licensing regulations
D. Knowledge and experience with NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
E. Hold a Pre-K or related teacher license
F. First-aid & CPR certified
Open until filled.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to: Jilene Ylonen, firstname.lastname@example.org with attention to: Preschool Teacher Opening