Oak Knoll Lutheran Church, 600 Hopkins Crossroad, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 952-546-5433
JOB TITLE: Music Director/Organist and Choir Director
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
STATUS: Salaried, Part Time (60% position) with weekday, weeknight, and weekend requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for leading and engaging the congregation of Oak Knoll in the ministry of worship and music.
Oak Knoll Lutheran Church is a vibrant, welcoming suburban congregation of 765 members. We are led by one full-time Senior pastor and a part-time Associate. Our worship is liturgical and rooted in Lutheran tradition but includes an eclectic mix of music both in the hymnody and in the works presented by the choir and a wide variety of volunteer soloists and instrumentalists from within the congregation.
Singing together as a congregation is a core value of Oak Knoll Lutheran Church, a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Our music resources include a Rodgers 905 electronic organ, Yamaha grand piano, Malmark hand bells, harpsichord, and a choral library of over 200 works. The current compensated music team includes a vocal soloist/guitarist (2 Sundays/month), and pianist (2 Sundays/month).
- A coordinated, comprehensive music ministry supporting deepened faith in the Lutheran tradition via meaningful, participative worship.
- A range of musical participation opportunities for parishioners of a variety of ages (children, youth, adult) and competencies.
- An expanded and enriched music ministry and liturgical offerings.
- Full cohesive engagement with the broader staff of Oak Knoll Lutheran Church.
- A music ministry that intentionally builds relationships of trust and care.
- Support for and encouragement of enthusiastic participation in worship services, through choir support in hymns, and the introduction of new pieces.