Christ on Capitol Hill (COCH) is seeking candidates for the position of Communications & Office Administrator. This is a part-time 10-hour per week position with Monday through Thursday office hours between 9am to 4pm. Working days/hours will be negotiated at time of hire and will remain consistent thereafter. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, collaborative, and people-focused. Applicants for this role should have a strong customer service orientation, robust communication skills, and familiarity with church and/or non-profit organizations. This position is on-site and not available for remote work.
COCH is a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
• Produce weekly congregational news communication, distribute via email and mail
• Produce weekly Worship Guides, distribute via email and mail
• Produce monthly newsletter, distribute via email and mail
• Manage Volunteer Sign-ups (via SignUpGenius)
• Manage ongoing list of Prayer Requests
• Create marketing materials, includes invitations, posters, programs, signage, mailings, and media ads
• Website management, includes creating regular blog posts and maintaining up-to-date photos and copy on core webpages
• Greet visitors and answer phones
• Pick up and sort mail; handle inquiries, emails, and church office correspondence
• Maintain filing of correspondence, contracts, and invoices
• Organize and maintain the office for cleanliness and safety
• Monitor office supply inventory; order paper, toner, and office supplies as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on time
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications preferred, but not required
• Experience in a non-profit or church environment is preferred, but not required
Compensation: $15-$18/hour, commensurate with experience.
To apply, reach out to Jean Christoffel at email@example.com