The Communications & Design Coordinator manages the execution of Bethlehem’s marketing, communications and media that support staff and the congregation. This involves working effectively cross-functionally (supporting Care, Adult, Outreach, and Mental Health ministries) as well as cross-media (print, website, and live-streaming) to ensure Bethlehem members, visitors, and the public at large are aware of news and events.
Supervises: Event Volunteers
Collaborates with: Co-Lead Pastors, Communications Team & Business Administrator
Hours: Part-time 25, Hours per week.
FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: Graphic Design & Communications Specialist
● Communications are accurate, timely and communicate news and events appropriately to various audiences.
● Drives awareness, participation, and growth in the life of the community, helping to encourage engagement with both new visitors and ongoing member engagement
● Explores and implements creative, effective communications processes and methods to regularly interact with members and new visitors (Newsletter, Website, Email)
Responsibilities & Tasks
● Responsible for the creation of printed and digital communications to support assigned ministry areas (i.e., posters, postcards, pamphlets, website, social media, etc)
● Create documentation for brand standards related to specific print & deliverables
● Respond to phone and email communications in a prompt and professional manner
● Work with internal partners to prioritize and share upcoming events, programs and needs/opportunities
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelors or Associate degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or other business-related field
● 1-3 years of communications or marketing experience
● Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy and tight deadlines
● Proficient or prior experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and minimal HTML
● Strong written and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work well with a team and prioritize competing needs/schedules of staff and volunteers
● A heart for service
Compensation is competitive and dependent upon qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Posting open until filled, qualified applicants will be contacted to set up telephone 1st interviews.