Christ Lutheran in Lake Elmo's Administrative Assistant will provide office support to the staff, treasurer and council.
· Keep regular office hours (10am-2pm) (Monday -Thursday)
· Provide reception duties, answering phones, maintaining voice mail, answering questions and greeting guests.
· Weekly E-newsletter and basic web updating.
· Maintain central church calendar and assign meeting space.
· Process and distribute mail and email.
· Manage and update congregational records and database.
· Other office duties as assigned - may include print publications (example bulletins)
· Works with the Financial Secretary and/or Treasurer
· Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Assist with mailings as requested.
· Coordinate purchasing of office supplies and equipment.
· Distribute agendas for council.
· Prepare annual report for the congregation.
· Prepare Congregational Report for the synod.
· Provide extra support for special projects. (i.e. Sauerkraut Supper, mission projects)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Publisher
· Ability to learn manage automated systems quickly.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to identify, recruit and train volunteers for various aspects of office support.
· Ability to collaborate with various groups working for the same goal.
· Bookkeeping and accounting skills and Church Windows (optional)
· Ability to lift up to 30 Lbs. (i.e. cases of paper)
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time with breaks required.
· Ability to run occasional errands outside the building.
· Spiritual Maturity: Models and develops humility, teachability, accountability and servant leadership in all relationships. Demonstrates the skills of active listening, problem solving, commitment, flexibility and openness to new ideas.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org