PURPOSE: To serve as the leader in guiding Shalom Hill Farm(SHF) Ministries in administering a top-quality site and program that serves the people of the region. To provide vision, long term planning, financial development, program and marketing direction. To lead the financial development program of the ministry. To develop, support and expand a growing mission based programmatic outreach. To be an active part of a ministry that seeks to provide excellence and guest satisfaction to meet the programmatic needs of our guests using the SHF mission as our guide.
POSITION DATES: Begin summer 2021; reviewed annually. 4-year min. intention.
POSITION HOURS: Based on a minimum of 44 hours per week annually.
POSITON SALARY: Range 60 to 70K, commensurate with qualifications
POSITION BENEFITS: Housing provided plus health care, vacation time & pension.
POSITION LOCATION: 42194 Co. Rd. 3, Windom, MN 56101
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Shalom Hill Farm Board of Directors
Qualifications and Experience
• Active membership in a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America preferred, a commitment to personal faith formation, and a working knowledge of the teachings and structure of the ELCA
• Evidence of education or significant experience in specific areas relevant to SHF programs and operations
is desirable (i.e., business and accounting, human resources, marketing, program development, and/or
fundraising). Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or additional certification is preferred.
• At least ten years of progressively responsible experience in camping, education, the church, other notfor-profit agency/association, or relevant business experience is preferred. Prior experience as an executive director or significant experience in spiritual retreat centers or outdoor ministries is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in budget development and financial management is required.
• Demonstrated experience in raising private funds, including annual funds and major gifts is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in managing personnel, including hiring and evaluation, training and motivation, and conflict resolution is required.
• Effective communication skills, both written and spoken, including the ability to preach and to represent SHF before diverse audiences, is required. Experience in marketing and public relations is desirable.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
Position Description and packet available upon request. Please send resume and 3 recommendations by April 15, 2021 to:
Post - Paul Erickson, 291 Little John Drive, Circle Pines, MN 55014
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org