The Saint Paul Area Synod is ready to accompany a rising generation of leaders for the church and the world by providing the opportunity for vocational exploration through paid summer internships.
Each intern will serve at a specific placement site, under the supervision of a supportive mentor, for 26-30 hours a week across four days. Part of that time will be a weekly cohort gathering with other interns for a time of reflection, discussion and guest speakers. Interns will receive a $4,000 stipend, generously funded by the synod’s Planting Hope capital campaign.
We are pleased to announce the seven sites hosting nine interns for the summer of 2023:
- Bethlehem in the Midway + House of Mercy, St. Paul - community engagement
- Shobi’s Table, St. Paul – hunger/food justice
- Prince of Peace, Burnsville – young adult ministry (one intern), outreach connections (two interns)
- Rice Street Gardens + Galilee, Roseville – gardening & community engagement
- Lutheran Church of Peace, Maplewood – digital ministry
- The Vine, multiple congregations in the south metro – communications/storytelling/social media
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota, St. Paul – social service programs
The program will kick off June 12 with an introductory gathering of the interns before they scatter to their various locations. In addition to their placement sites, the interns will also gather with internship coordinator Pastor Bristol Reading for a weekly cohort meeting for reflection, discussion and hearing from guest speakers. Watch for more information about our interns as the weeks progress!