Thank you to all who made our 2020 Synod Assembly possible! We are grateful to voting members, committees and volunteers who helped create a meaningful gathering online. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Bishop Patricia Lull was re-elected to a second six-year term as bishop
- Winners of the synod Hymn Contest were announced: Paul Damico Carper for O God of Loving, Cathy Skogen-Soldner for With All Our Heart, and William Brueggemann for Be the Light
- Representatives were elected to the Synod Council and committee:
- Synod Council, Young Adult (3-year term): Teresa Bettmann, Christ the King/Cristo Rey, New Brighton
- Synod Secretary (4-year term): Pastor Amanda Simons, Gustavus Adolphus, St. Paul
- Consultation Committee, Clergy (1-year term): Pastor Ivy Huston, Living Waters, Lino Lakes
- Consultation Committee, Clergy (6-year term): Pastor Karna Hagen-Moskalik, Our Savior’s, Stillwater
- Consultation Committee, Lay (6-year term): Sue McIntyre, Lutheran Church of Peace, Maplewood
- Discipline Committee, Clergy (3-year term): Pastor Jenny Sung, Depot Church-St. Andrew’s, Mahtomedi
- Three resolutions were passed:
Check out the videos!
All of the videos shown during Synod Assembly will be available here on the website shortly under the appropriate category buttons below.
- Under Observances, you'll find videos related to the 50th anniversary of the ordination of women, as well as our observances video related to roster/congregation anniversaries, retirements, passings and a welcome to those new to the synod.
- Under Video Reports, you'll find videos from synod committees and officers, a walk through the budget and a report from ELCA churchwide.
- The Hymn Contest button offers access to the recordings and links for the winning hymns.