The Reference and Counsel Committee presented two resolutions and three memorials for consideration at the 2022 Synod Assembly. All five were approved by the voting members. They include:
These call for action at the synod level.
- Resolution 2022-1: Provoking to Love and Good Deeds
- Resolution 2022-2: To Support the Minnesota Poor People's Campaign
These call for action at the churchwide (ELCA) level. Any memorials approved at Synod Assembly will advance to the Memorials Committee of the Churchwide Assembly, which will review them and may or may not recommend them for consideration at the Churchwide Assembly in August 2022.
- Memorial 2022-1: Recommendation for the Process of Election of a Presiding Bishop
- Memorial 2022-2: Calling for a Just Transition to Reduction in U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Memorial 2022-3: Calling for a Social Statement on Child Abuse and Child Protection